Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday - workday

Writing this post from a shoot. In Hoboken for a studio shoot for Grolsch beer. Slow going, and not very exciting, but it's work. May have to come back tomorrow.

Yesterday I worked a half day and then went to the Central Park Summerstage for an amazing concert; Grace Potter, Galactic and Umphrey's Magee. Umphrey's were incredible. The program decribed their music as jams approached from progressive rock; via King Crimson and Genesis. Killer players all around., especially the lead guitarist and drummer. I've heard live recordings of them doing the best cover of KC's "Red" I've ever heard. This show was exaactly what I needed; I don't remember smiling so much in a long long time. And the show began at 5:30 as was over at 10, so I was home by 12:30. Not bad for a weeknight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home